Language learning diary

In my last post, I wrote about motivation versus habit in learning languages. Now, it is time to move to a really interesting topic – maintaining this habit!

As a person who has to combine work and studies, I really enjoy bullet journaling, that is, using different layouts and designs to keep track of daily issues, assignments, achievements and just life (everything from shopping list and personal budget planning to gym training tracking). It comes as no surprise as I decided to try bullet journaling also for language learning!


I use Leuchtturm 1917 for planning by hand (personal planning) and Microsoft OneNote for digital planning (available online, and also as an app for laptop and mobile phone).

Here is my suggested layout for language learning:


✅First, I understood that focusing on achievements is really important.

✅Second, I really utilized inserting to-do lists in OneNote. Ticking certain task as done is fast and brings you self-satisfaction, as well as allows you to track your progress fast.

✅Third, you can insert links to files at your computer to allow easy navigation (honestly, sometimes I am just lost among all this variety of saved articles and notes I have in my GoogleDrive).

✅Fourth, you can dedicate certain space to defining priorities for each week, in case if you have difficulties in prioritizing (as I do, because I am so curious about everything).

And, of course, you can put random notes all over OneNote page, and organize them in a better way when you have more time for it!